- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Ogle County needs CASA volunteers
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk because of abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
As you can imagine, our CASA board is working hard to keep a balanced budget. Throughout the year, we do many fund-raisers to keep this program going for the child’s sake. Oct. 15, we are hosting our CASA Celebrity Waiter Gala at the Oregon Country Club. This event includes local “celebrity waiters” to serve dinner and drinks to their table of CASA supporters. All tip proceeds go to CASA. It’s a fun, entertaining night. If anyone would like more information regarding this event, please call me at (815) 732-2908.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Board Member
CASA Vice President
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue