- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Ogle County needs CASA volunteers
As the vice president of the CASA board, I would like to urge the citizens of Ogle County to consider becoming a CASA volunteer. CASA serves the children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained individuals that are appointed by a judge to represent the best interests of a child in court. These children are at risk because of abuse and neglect in situations they do not deserve to be in. A CASA volunteer provides a judge with factual information regarding the child to help the court make positive decisions for the child’s future.
As you can imagine, our CASA board is working hard to keep a balanced budget. Throughout the year, we do many fund-raisers to keep this program going for the child’s sake. Oct. 15, we are hosting our CASA Celebrity Waiter Gala at the Oregon Country Club. This event includes local “celebrity waiters” to serve dinner and drinks to their table of CASA supporters. All tip proceeds go to CASA. It’s a fun, entertaining night. If anyone would like more information regarding this event, please call me at (815) 732-2908.
Please consider becoming involved with this worthy program. You can make the difference in the life of a child.
Ogle County Board Member
CASA Vice President
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue