- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Real Estate News: Foreclosure prevention workshop set for Sept. 28
Neighborhood Community Foundation event at Hilton Garden Inn
The foreclosure epidemic in the United States is showing no sign of slowing down, especially since millions of Americans are underwater on their mortgage, owing more than their home is worth.
Facing foreclosure is stressful for families, especially if they do not fully understand the process. To educate homeowners about the options that are available, the Neighborhood Community Foundation will conduct a free foreclosure prevention workshop in Rockford from 7 to 9 p.m., Sept. 28, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 7675 Walton St., Rockford.
An independent, nonprofit organization, the Neighborhood Community Foundation strives to help residents develop a better understanding of the foreclosure process, recognize their legal rights, and learn about their options and potential solutions so they can remain in their home.
To register for the workshop, visit www.neighborhood-community.org or call The Neighborhood Community Foundation at 877-306-5299.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue