- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Real Estate News: Foreclosure prevention workshop set for Sept. 28
Neighborhood Community Foundation event at Hilton Garden Inn
The foreclosure epidemic in the United States is showing no sign of slowing down, especially since millions of Americans are underwater on their mortgage, owing more than their home is worth.
Facing foreclosure is stressful for families, especially if they do not fully understand the process. To educate homeowners about the options that are available, the Neighborhood Community Foundation will conduct a free foreclosure prevention workshop in Rockford from 7 to 9 p.m., Sept. 28, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 7675 Walton St., Rockford.
An independent, nonprofit organization, the Neighborhood Community Foundation strives to help residents develop a better understanding of the foreclosure process, recognize their legal rights, and learn about their options and potential solutions so they can remain in their home.
To register for the workshop, visit www.neighborhood-community.org or call The Neighborhood Community Foundation at 877-306-5299.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue