- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Real Estate News: Foreclosure prevention workshop set for Sept. 28
Neighborhood Community Foundation event at Hilton Garden Inn
The foreclosure epidemic in the United States is showing no sign of slowing down, especially since millions of Americans are underwater on their mortgage, owing more than their home is worth.
Facing foreclosure is stressful for families, especially if they do not fully understand the process. To educate homeowners about the options that are available, the Neighborhood Community Foundation will conduct a free foreclosure prevention workshop in Rockford from 7 to 9 p.m., Sept. 28, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 7675 Walton St., Rockford.
An independent, nonprofit organization, the Neighborhood Community Foundation strives to help residents develop a better understanding of the foreclosure process, recognize their legal rights, and learn about their options and potential solutions so they can remain in their home.
To register for the workshop, visit www.neighborhood-community.org or call The Neighborhood Community Foundation at 877-306-5299.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue