- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Real Estate News: Foreclosure prevention workshop set for Sept. 28
Neighborhood Community Foundation event at Hilton Garden Inn
The foreclosure epidemic in the United States is showing no sign of slowing down, especially since millions of Americans are underwater on their mortgage, owing more than their home is worth.
Facing foreclosure is stressful for families, especially if they do not fully understand the process. To educate homeowners about the options that are available, the Neighborhood Community Foundation will conduct a free foreclosure prevention workshop in Rockford from 7 to 9 p.m., Sept. 28, at the Hilton Garden Inn, 7675 Walton St., Rockford.
An independent, nonprofit organization, the Neighborhood Community Foundation strives to help residents develop a better understanding of the foreclosure process, recognize their legal rights, and learn about their options and potential solutions so they can remain in their home.
To register for the workshop, visit www.neighborhood-community.org or call The Neighborhood Community Foundation at 877-306-5299.
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue