- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Skating: Rockford Skating Club wins bronze medal
The Rockford Skating Club’s Theatre on Ice ensemble earned a bronze medal at the National Showcase Competition in Theatrical Skating, held Aug. 4-6. This was a USFSA national competition held in the Hoover Arena in Strongsville, Ohio.
Theatrical Skating combines artistic creativity with figure skating for single skaters, duets, small ensembles of three to seven and production numbers of eight to 30.
The Rockford team skated to musical accompaniment of “The Nutcracker.” Team members were Delaney Anderson, Madeleine Felder, Natalie Felder, Amy Frew, Emily Johnson, Hannah Menge, Sowmya Monroe, Taylor Ritchie, Annabelle Stefanic, Hannah Taylor and Karlie Taylor. The ensemble was coached by Brigitte Carlson Roquet and included local figure skaters, two of whom qualified for the final round in their single performance. The local skaters practice at the Riverview Ice House and the Carlson Arctic Ice Arena.
The two Rockford skaters who made the Solo Finals were Taylor Ritchie in Pre-Juvenile Light Entertainment (fourth in Finals and second Silver in Group B) and Madeleine Felder in Teen Light Entertainment (sixth in Finals and third Bronze in Group B).
Other credits earned by Rockford skaters were: Hannah Menge in Teen Light Entertainment (fourth in Group A); Delaney Anderson in Teen Entertainment (sixth in Group A); Annabelle Stefanic in Preliminary Light Entertainment (13th in Group B); and Madeline Felder and Amy Frew in Teen Duet (fifth in Group).
Coach Brigitte Roquet said: “It was our first experience [at the competition]. It was especially exciting since we played so well.”
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue