- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Skating: Rockford Skating Club wins bronze medal
The Rockford Skating Club’s Theatre on Ice ensemble earned a bronze medal at the National Showcase Competition in Theatrical Skating, held Aug. 4-6. This was a USFSA national competition held in the Hoover Arena in Strongsville, Ohio.
Theatrical Skating combines artistic creativity with figure skating for single skaters, duets, small ensembles of three to seven and production numbers of eight to 30.
The Rockford team skated to musical accompaniment of “The Nutcracker.” Team members were Delaney Anderson, Madeleine Felder, Natalie Felder, Amy Frew, Emily Johnson, Hannah Menge, Sowmya Monroe, Taylor Ritchie, Annabelle Stefanic, Hannah Taylor and Karlie Taylor. The ensemble was coached by Brigitte Carlson Roquet and included local figure skaters, two of whom qualified for the final round in their single performance. The local skaters practice at the Riverview Ice House and the Carlson Arctic Ice Arena.
The two Rockford skaters who made the Solo Finals were Taylor Ritchie in Pre-Juvenile Light Entertainment (fourth in Finals and second Silver in Group B) and Madeleine Felder in Teen Light Entertainment (sixth in Finals and third Bronze in Group B).
Other credits earned by Rockford skaters were: Hannah Menge in Teen Light Entertainment (fourth in Group A); Delaney Anderson in Teen Entertainment (sixth in Group A); Annabelle Stefanic in Preliminary Light Entertainment (13th in Group B); and Madeline Felder and Amy Frew in Teen Duet (fifth in Group).
Coach Brigitte Roquet said: “It was our first experience [at the competition]. It was especially exciting since we played so well.”
From the Sept. 14-20, 2011, issue