United Way kicks off 2011 campaign
Online Staff Report
United Way announced its fund-raising goal, $4.3 million, for 2011 during a breakfast at BMO Harris Bank Center Sept. 8.
Community members, businesses and partner agency representatives gathered to support United Way’s annual fund-raising campaign. After the event, 10 local companies went into the community to perform volunteer projects for United Way partner agencies.
“It is really important for everyone to give back,” United Way of Rock River Valley President and CEO Paul Logli said. “This is the first year we have tied in a Day of Caring Project with the Campaign Kickoff, and we are excited to see the results. Each year, it will get bigger and allow more companies to give back to the community through United Way.”
As an additional incentive, United Way announced for the second year a promotion called “Give a gift, Get a chance.” Donors who contribute a minimum amount of $104 annually or $2 a week will have an opportunity to win one of the following five donated prizes:
1. $20,000 voucher to apply to the purchase or lease of a new or used vehicle at Anderson Automotive Group, Lou Bachrodt or Rock River Ford;
2. Two round-trip tickets for any domestic destination from Chicago Rockford International Airport;
3. A year membership for a family of four to the YMCA of Rock River Valley;
4. Four Chicago White Sox tickets behind home plate for one pre-selected game during the 2012 season from Comcast; and
5. A Greenlee Tool Box (valued at $750).
For more about the United Way campaign, contact United Way at (815) 968-5400 or go to the website at www.unitedwayrrv.org.
Print This Article