- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Reserve spot for Sept. 20 tour of the Coronado
Online Staff Report
A tour of the historic Coronado Theatre, hosted by the Land of Lincoln Theatre Organ Society, will begin at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Cost is $7 per person. The tour, which will run about an hour-and-a-half, will include Coronado’s Grande Barton Theatre organ; atmospheric show; organ chamber; Van Matre — owner’s apartment, circa 1927; stars’ dressing rooms; chorus dressing rooms; on stage and under the stage; and audience chamber and public areas in the theater.
Reservations are required by calling (815) 968-2722, ext. 17.