Greenwich Village Art Fair announces 2011 winners
Online Staff Report
Exhibiting artists at the Sept. 17-18 Rockford Art Museum (RAM) Greenwich Village Art Fair were judged by category by jurors Rachel and Ed “Edmar” Marszewski of Chicago. The following artists were named winners in the following categories Sunday, Sept. 18:
• Best of Show, $1,000: Betsy Youngquist, Rockford, award sponsored by Lon and Richard Behr;
• 3-D Functional, $500: Hironobu Nishitateno, Loves Park, Ill., award sponsored by Patty and Bob Rhea;
• 3-D Non-Functional, $500: Louise Mayhall, Rockford, award sponsored by Wipfli;
• 2-D Medium, $500: Karen Vaughn Harding, Rockford, award sponsored by Women’s Art Board;
• Jewelry, $500: Lisa Williams, Chicago, award sponsored by FRIENDS of Rockford Art Museum;
• Photography, $500: Bill Lemke, Waukesha, Wis., award sponsored by Rockford Association for Minority Management;
• Painting, $500: H. Dean Willis, West Dundee, Ill., award sponsored by Women’s Art Board; and
Honorable Mention, five awards, $100 each: John Berglund, South Haven, Minn.; Tom Dumke, Oconomowoc, Wis.; Paul Eshelman, Elizabeth, Ill.; Bob Matthews, Belvidere, Ill.; and Jeff and Bruce Shawhan, Racine, Wis.; awards sponsored by Barrick, Switzer, Long, Balsley & Van Evera LLP.
More than 100 artists from across the nation exhibited at this year’s Greenwich Village Art Fair. Types of artwork represented included paintings, prints and drawings, sculpture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewelry, photography, and more.
For more about RAM, inside Riverfront Museum Park at 711 N. Main St., visit www.rockfordartmuseum.org or call (815) 968-2787.
Print This Article