- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Coles celebrate anniversary, new CD, Gospel Explosion
September is a special month for Carl and Dianna Cole. Dianna’s birthday was Sept. 1. They are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and Carl’s 50th birthday on the 25th.Wow!
The final weekend will begin in Rockford with the Second Annual “Jazzin’ It Up” fall concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23 (the first day of autumn). Place is the Central Christian Church, 6595 Guilford Road, Rockford. The program will feature special guests Dr. Kris Tumilowicz (“Dr. T” of Dental Dimensions) and Frank Robinson, president of the SOGN Suburban Chicago Branch.
Saturday, Sept. 24, in Freeport, SOGN will host a “Gospel Explosion” at First Church of God, 484 S. Ottawa Ave. Events include a workshop from 1-3 p.m. and a “Golden Celebration Service” at 7 p.m. in honor of Mr. C, closing with a final service at 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25, at Greater Mt. Olive COGIC (state headquarters) in Aurora. Bishop William Haven Bonner will host a Sunday evening service in tribute to both Carl and Dianna.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue