- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Coles celebrate anniversary, new CD, Gospel Explosion
September is a special month for Carl and Dianna Cole. Dianna’s birthday was Sept. 1. They are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and Carl’s 50th birthday on the 25th.Wow!
The final weekend will begin in Rockford with the Second Annual “Jazzin’ It Up” fall concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23 (the first day of autumn). Place is the Central Christian Church, 6595 Guilford Road, Rockford. The program will feature special guests Dr. Kris Tumilowicz (“Dr. T” of Dental Dimensions) and Frank Robinson, president of the SOGN Suburban Chicago Branch.
Saturday, Sept. 24, in Freeport, SOGN will host a “Gospel Explosion” at First Church of God, 484 S. Ottawa Ave. Events include a workshop from 1-3 p.m. and a “Golden Celebration Service” at 7 p.m. in honor of Mr. C, closing with a final service at 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25, at Greater Mt. Olive COGIC (state headquarters) in Aurora. Bishop William Haven Bonner will host a Sunday evening service in tribute to both Carl and Dianna.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue