- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Coles celebrate anniversary, new CD, Gospel Explosion
September is a special month for Carl and Dianna Cole. Dianna’s birthday was Sept. 1. They are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and Carl’s 50th birthday on the 25th.Wow!
The final weekend will begin in Rockford with the Second Annual “Jazzin’ It Up” fall concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23 (the first day of autumn). Place is the Central Christian Church, 6595 Guilford Road, Rockford. The program will feature special guests Dr. Kris Tumilowicz (“Dr. T” of Dental Dimensions) and Frank Robinson, president of the SOGN Suburban Chicago Branch.
Saturday, Sept. 24, in Freeport, SOGN will host a “Gospel Explosion” at First Church of God, 484 S. Ottawa Ave. Events include a workshop from 1-3 p.m. and a “Golden Celebration Service” at 7 p.m. in honor of Mr. C, closing with a final service at 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25, at Greater Mt. Olive COGIC (state headquarters) in Aurora. Bishop William Haven Bonner will host a Sunday evening service in tribute to both Carl and Dianna.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue