- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Coles celebrate anniversary, new CD, Gospel Explosion
September is a special month for Carl and Dianna Cole. Dianna’s birthday was Sept. 1. They are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary on the 23rd, and Carl’s 50th birthday on the 25th.Wow!
The final weekend will begin in Rockford with the Second Annual “Jazzin’ It Up” fall concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Sept. 23 (the first day of autumn). Place is the Central Christian Church, 6595 Guilford Road, Rockford. The program will feature special guests Dr. Kris Tumilowicz (“Dr. T” of Dental Dimensions) and Frank Robinson, president of the SOGN Suburban Chicago Branch.
Saturday, Sept. 24, in Freeport, SOGN will host a “Gospel Explosion” at First Church of God, 484 S. Ottawa Ave. Events include a workshop from 1-3 p.m. and a “Golden Celebration Service” at 7 p.m. in honor of Mr. C, closing with a final service at 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 25, at Greater Mt. Olive COGIC (state headquarters) in Aurora. Bishop William Haven Bonner will host a Sunday evening service in tribute to both Carl and Dianna.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue