- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Too many margaritas for Buffet?
Warren Buffett has had too many margaritas. His complaint that billionaires have been “coddled” tax-wise smacks of drunkenness or senility. After all, if he wants to give the government more money, all he needs to do is send a check to the Treasury. Simple!
His latest grandstanding in support of higher taxes is merely an old man’s desperate attempt to retain the spotlight before he slips into oblivion.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue