- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Too many margaritas for Buffet?
Warren Buffett has had too many margaritas. His complaint that billionaires have been “coddled” tax-wise smacks of drunkenness or senility. After all, if he wants to give the government more money, all he needs to do is send a check to the Treasury. Simple!
His latest grandstanding in support of higher taxes is merely an old man’s desperate attempt to retain the spotlight before he slips into oblivion.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue