- Dems pass ‘no strike, no lockout’ measure
- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
Too many margaritas for Buffet?
Warren Buffett has had too many margaritas. His complaint that billionaires have been “coddled” tax-wise smacks of drunkenness or senility. After all, if he wants to give the government more money, all he needs to do is send a check to the Treasury. Simple!
His latest grandstanding in support of higher taxes is merely an old man’s desperate attempt to retain the spotlight before he slips into oblivion.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue