- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Too many margaritas for Buffet?
Warren Buffett has had too many margaritas. His complaint that billionaires have been “coddled” tax-wise smacks of drunkenness or senility. After all, if he wants to give the government more money, all he needs to do is send a check to the Treasury. Simple!
His latest grandstanding in support of higher taxes is merely an old man’s desperate attempt to retain the spotlight before he slips into oblivion.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue