- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Too many margaritas for Buffet?
Warren Buffett has had too many margaritas. His complaint that billionaires have been “coddled” tax-wise smacks of drunkenness or senility. After all, if he wants to give the government more money, all he needs to do is send a check to the Treasury. Simple!
His latest grandstanding in support of higher taxes is merely an old man’s desperate attempt to retain the spotlight before he slips into oblivion.
From the Sept. 21-27, 2011, issue