- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
The Popcorn Parlor opens at Edgebrook Oct. 8
Online Staff Report
The Popcorn Parlor — Gourmet Popcorn, Candy Gifts and More will open at Edgebrook shopping center Oct. 8.
Gourmet popcorn will be handmade and packaged by owners Brian and Dawn Wolf. Dozens of flavors will be offered, such as Butter, Caramel Corn, Cheese, Jalapeno, Chocolate Treat, Butter Rum, Cookies & Cream, Raspberry Cheesecake, Almond Amaretto and supreme varieties loaded with various treats.
The Popcorn Parlor will carry other goodies such as 24 flavors of soft-serve ice cream, 48 flavors of salt water taffy, nostalgic candies, gourmet sweets, flavoring spoons for beverages, chocolate-covered fruits and nuts, various lollipops and tons of packaged candies.
Gift items such as decorative tins, melamine containers, coffee mugs, retro toys, stuffed animals, balloons and lollipop bouquets can be purchased individually, in pre-assembled gift boxes,or custom made by request. Jelly Belly assortments, nut tins, and bagged candy are also available.
For immediate gratification, there will be warm caramel, butter and cheese popcorn available for purchase in a small snack size, as well as bottled soda and water. Stop in and sample the flavor of the day, or request a sample of a flavor you’d like to try before purchasing. Enjoy your treats in the scenic courtyard, or take home to enjoy at a later time.
Free, local delivery will be offered for gift purchases of more than $50. Ask for details. Store hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday.
Edgebrook is at 1641 N. Alpine Road. The Popcorn Parlor will be in Suite 101, next to Annie’s on the ground level of the shopping center.