- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
SwedishAmerican to host free breast cancer event Oct. 3
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Center for Women will present a free breast cancer awareness event on Monday, Oct. 3. “Planting the Seeds of Hope” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road.
Speakers will discuss the healing therapies that complement traditional medical care in the fight against breast cancer. Elaine Breck, breast cancer survivor, will also discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and a panel of SwedishAmerican experts will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift and a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerica Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere.
Light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded. Health care exhibits will begin at 5:30 p.m. To register for the event, log on to www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.