- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
SwedishAmerican to host free breast cancer event Oct. 3
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Center for Women will present a free breast cancer awareness event on Monday, Oct. 3. “Planting the Seeds of Hope” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road.
Speakers will discuss the healing therapies that complement traditional medical care in the fight against breast cancer. Elaine Breck, breast cancer survivor, will also discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and a panel of SwedishAmerican experts will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift and a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerica Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere.
Light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded. Health care exhibits will begin at 5:30 p.m. To register for the event, log on to www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.