- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
SwedishAmerican to host free breast cancer event Oct. 3
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Center for Women will present a free breast cancer awareness event on Monday, Oct. 3. “Planting the Seeds of Hope” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road.
Speakers will discuss the healing therapies that complement traditional medical care in the fight against breast cancer. Elaine Breck, breast cancer survivor, will also discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and a panel of SwedishAmerican experts will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift and a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerica Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere.
Light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded. Health care exhibits will begin at 5:30 p.m. To register for the event, log on to www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.