- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
SwedishAmerican to host free breast cancer event Oct. 3
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Center for Women will present a free breast cancer awareness event on Monday, Oct. 3. “Planting the Seeds of Hope” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road.
Speakers will discuss the healing therapies that complement traditional medical care in the fight against breast cancer. Elaine Breck, breast cancer survivor, will also discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and a panel of SwedishAmerican experts will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift and a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerica Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere.
Light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded. Health care exhibits will begin at 5:30 p.m. To register for the event, log on to www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.