- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
SwedishAmerican to host free breast cancer event Oct. 3
Online Staff Report
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Center for Women will present a free breast cancer awareness event on Monday, Oct. 3. “Planting the Seeds of Hope” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road.
Speakers will discuss the healing therapies that complement traditional medical care in the fight against breast cancer. Elaine Breck, breast cancer survivor, will also discuss her personal story about fighting breast cancer, and a panel of SwedishAmerican experts will answer questions about the latest innovations in breast health care.
Everyone who attends will receive a gift and a gift certificate for $25 off a mammogram at the SwedishAmerica Center for Women or SwedishAmerican Medical Center/Belvidere.
Light refreshments will be served and door prizes will be awarded. Health care exhibits will begin at 5:30 p.m. To register for the event, log on to www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.