- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Acoustic music quartet Trillium performs at Emerson House Oct. 1
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes Trillium at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 1, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Trillium is an acoustic music quartet from the far west suburbs outside Chicago. Their eclectic repertoire ranges in style from Celtic to folk to ragtime to swing to bluegrass, and appeals to all ages and most musical tastes. These four musicians create their sound with traditional folk instruments and perform an energetic array of musical styles.
Trillium features on hammered dulcimer and vocals: Mim Eichmann, artistic director and choreographer of Midwest Ballet Theatre, director of its home, Midwest Ballet Academy; on guitar and banjo: Ed Hall, winner of the coveted National Fingerpicking Championships, Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, Kans.; half of the acoustic music duo “Friedlander and Hall”; on bass: Doug Lofstrom, bass, music composition and music theory instructor at Columbia College, Chicago; and on fiddle and mandolin: Jonathan De Souza, with a master’s degree from Royal Holloway, University of London; currently pursuing doctoral studies in music theory at the University of Chicago.
Individually, each member of this quartet comes with a stellar résumé. Together, they deliver one stellar performance!
Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Advance tickets are available at: Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations: Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940 and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903; New Outlet: Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis., (608) 207-3101; or by mail: send a check and SASE to 306 Theodore St., Loves Park, IL 61111. Indicate artist or performance date on check. Credit card payment accepted only at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. There is a $1 ticket processing fee included. Print your receipt. Info: Call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2011, issue