- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Acoustic music quartet Trillium performs at Emerson House Oct. 1
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes Trillium at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 1, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Trillium is an acoustic music quartet from the far west suburbs outside Chicago. Their eclectic repertoire ranges in style from Celtic to folk to ragtime to swing to bluegrass, and appeals to all ages and most musical tastes. These four musicians create their sound with traditional folk instruments and perform an energetic array of musical styles.
Trillium features on hammered dulcimer and vocals: Mim Eichmann, artistic director and choreographer of Midwest Ballet Theatre, director of its home, Midwest Ballet Academy; on guitar and banjo: Ed Hall, winner of the coveted National Fingerpicking Championships, Walnut Valley Festival in Winfield, Kans.; half of the acoustic music duo “Friedlander and Hall”; on bass: Doug Lofstrom, bass, music composition and music theory instructor at Columbia College, Chicago; and on fiddle and mandolin: Jonathan De Souza, with a master’s degree from Royal Holloway, University of London; currently pursuing doctoral studies in music theory at the University of Chicago.
Individually, each member of this quartet comes with a stellar résumé. Together, they deliver one stellar performance!
Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Advance tickets are available at: Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations: Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940 and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903; New Outlet: Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis., (608) 207-3101; or by mail: send a check and SASE to 306 Theodore St., Loves Park, IL 61111. Indicate artist or performance date on check. Credit card payment accepted only at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. There is a $1 ticket processing fee included. Print your receipt. Info: Call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.charlotteswebofrockford.org.
From the Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2011, issue