- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Free Museum Day Sept. 29 as Riverfront Museum Park celebrates 20 years
Online Staff Report
Riverfront Museum Park will be open to the public for a free Museum Day from 4 to 6 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 29.
As part of the park’s 20th anniversary celebration, the public is invited to explore the places and spaces during the open house. Refreshments will be served, and staff and volunteers will be on hand to greet guests.
During the event, guests can explore the Discovery Center Museum and Rockford Art Museum, make music at the instrument petting zoo with Rockford Symphony Orchestra, meet the Rockford Dance Company choreographer of The Nutcracker or step into the studios of Northern Public Radio and share some memories.
Guests are invited to bring family and friends to this free open house and spend the afternoon at Riverfront Museum Park. The park is the home for Discovery Center Museum, Northern Public Radio, Rockford Art Museum, Rockford Dance Company and Rockford Symphony Orchestra
John Groh, president of the park’s Board of Governors, said: “For 20 years, Riverfront Museum Park, along with our members, has had the privilege of serving guests from our community and around the globe. Now, as we reflect on 20 years of success and look ahead to the future, it is fitting that we should say ‘thank you’ to our citizens for their continued support by inviting them to see how we’ve grown.”
Riverfront Museum Park opened in February 1991, successfully creating a unique, unified space for arts and science organizations to focus on their core missions and outreach programs.
Riverfront is part of the Rockford Park District’s family of museums, and its “under one roof” concept naturally generates collaborative programming.
Since 1991, all of the member organizations have expanded their programs and spaces as they continue to increase attendance and outreach programs.
Riverfront Museum Park is at 711 N. Main St., in downtown Rockford.