- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Low-cost pet vaccine clinic at Northwest Community Center Sept. 30
Online Staff Report
SPAY Illinois is hosting a low-cost pet vaccine clinic Friday, Sept. 30, at Northwest Community Center, 1325 N. Johnson Ave., Rockford. The clinic will run from11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and is a walk-in clinic. No appointment is necessary. Cash or credit is accepted, although no personal checks will be accepted.
The clinic will offer one-year rabies vaccines for $15 (plus cost of county tag), three-year rabies vaccines for $30 (plus cost of county tag), five-in-one distemper combo for $15, six-in-one distemper combo for $20, Bordetella for $15, Lyme vaccine for $20, Lepto vaccine for $15, heartworm testing for $20, micro-chip, $20 (includes registration), FVRCP (four-in-one distemper combo for cats), $15, Felv vaccine, $20, Felv/FIV testing, $25, fecal testing, $15, and low-cost heartworm prevention. There is never an exam fee when receiving vaccines.
The clinic is open to everyone; no residency or income restrictions apply.
SPAY Illinois is a nonprofit organization that offers affordable vaccine clinics and spay/neuter to all Illinois residents. Call (877) 475-7729 to make an appointment or to have your animal spayed/neutered. Visit www.spayillinois.org.