- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
National Green Museum Exhibition features National Sustainability Monthly Holidays
CHICAGO — The National Green Museum Exhibition is featuring the National Sustainability Monthly Holidays, which are as follow:
January — National Renewable Energy Planning Month; February — National Sustainable Cities Month; March — National Sustainable Agriculture and Forests Month and National Geothermal Energy Month; April — National Climate Change Awareness Month and National Water Conservation Month; May — National Wind Energy Month; June — National Solar Energy Month; July — National Green Transportation Month and National Energy Independence Month; August — National Water Quality Month and National Hydropower Month; September — National Green Business and Buildings Month and National Sustainable Buildings Month; October — National Green Homes and Schools Month and National Sustainable Education Month; November — National Environmental Stewardship Month; and December — National Green Giving Month.
The National Sustainable Monthly Holidays, endorsed by top environmentalists nationwide, are featured in the National Green Museum Exhibition.
The National Environmental Hall of Fame, an activity of the National Sustainability Association, is now starting National Green Museum Exhibitions in every community. The National Environmental Hall of Fame has given national awards to Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan, Art Linkletter, Ed Begley Jr. and William McDonough; and locally to Drs. Robert and Sonia Vogl, president and vice president of the Illinois Renewable Energy Association; Frank Schier, editor and publisher of The Rock River Times; and Scott Christiansen, Winnebago County Board chairman.
Host a National Green Museum Exhibition
1. Learn how your business can host the National Green Museum Exhibition for free.
2. The National Green Museum Exhibition is the next step in environmental education — allowing for easier implementation of renewable energy and sustainable practices.
3. The National Green Museum Exhibition features Green Megatrends, top trends to help Planet Earth. The Green Megatrends are a holistic approach to renewable energy recommended by five top reports to help reduce climate change, reduce pollution, reduce dependency on foreign oil and increase energy independence.
4. Your membership will provide your business, community and school of your choice with a National Green Museum Exhibition and Green Bulletin Board. Exhibits on the Green Bulletin Board will have information about each monthly trend and rotate monthly.
For more about the National Sustainability Association Green Megatrends program and how to become a member, contact Allen Rubin at (641) 451-5199 or EnvironmentalFame@lisco.com, or visit nationalsustainabilityassociation.net/.
From the Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2011, issue