- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
National Green Museum Exhibition features National Sustainability Monthly Holidays
CHICAGO — The National Green Museum Exhibition is featuring the National Sustainability Monthly Holidays, which are as follow:
January — National Renewable Energy Planning Month; February — National Sustainable Cities Month; March — National Sustainable Agriculture and Forests Month and National Geothermal Energy Month; April — National Climate Change Awareness Month and National Water Conservation Month; May — National Wind Energy Month; June — National Solar Energy Month; July — National Green Transportation Month and National Energy Independence Month; August — National Water Quality Month and National Hydropower Month; September — National Green Business and Buildings Month and National Sustainable Buildings Month; October — National Green Homes and Schools Month and National Sustainable Education Month; November — National Environmental Stewardship Month; and December — National Green Giving Month.
The National Sustainable Monthly Holidays, endorsed by top environmentalists nationwide, are featured in the National Green Museum Exhibition.
The National Environmental Hall of Fame, an activity of the National Sustainability Association, is now starting National Green Museum Exhibitions in every community. The National Environmental Hall of Fame has given national awards to Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan, Art Linkletter, Ed Begley Jr. and William McDonough; and locally to Drs. Robert and Sonia Vogl, president and vice president of the Illinois Renewable Energy Association; Frank Schier, editor and publisher of The Rock River Times; and Scott Christiansen, Winnebago County Board chairman.
Host a National Green Museum Exhibition
1. Learn how your business can host the National Green Museum Exhibition for free.
2. The National Green Museum Exhibition is the next step in environmental education — allowing for easier implementation of renewable energy and sustainable practices.
3. The National Green Museum Exhibition features Green Megatrends, top trends to help Planet Earth. The Green Megatrends are a holistic approach to renewable energy recommended by five top reports to help reduce climate change, reduce pollution, reduce dependency on foreign oil and increase energy independence.
4. Your membership will provide your business, community and school of your choice with a National Green Museum Exhibition and Green Bulletin Board. Exhibits on the Green Bulletin Board will have information about each monthly trend and rotate monthly.
For more about the National Sustainability Association Green Megatrends program and how to become a member, contact Allen Rubin at (641) 451-5199 or EnvironmentalFame@lisco.com, or visit nationalsustainabilityassociation.net/.
From the Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2011, issue