- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
New director at Red Cross Rock River Chapter
American Red Cross Rock River Chapter Executive Director Jeff Reinke announced he is resigning his position at the end of this month, taking a directorship in the private sector.
The Board of Directors, staff and volunteers of the American Red Cross Rock River Chapter enjoyed working with Reinke during his time at the chapter. Under his tenure, the chapter developed a strategic plan, recruited new board members, and strengthened relationships with area businesses and community members in support of the Red Cross mission.
Diana Roemer, executive director of the Northwest Illinois Chapter headquarters in Freeport, has been named the interim executive director of the Rock River Chapter beginning Tuesday, Oct. 4. Roemer brings more than 30 years of journalism, communications and nonprofit management to the chapter.
The Red Cross is the premier organization across the nation and around the world that helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to disasters, offer high-quality First Aid/CPR/AED training, provide emergency communications for members of the Armed Forces and their families, and support blood donations.
From the Sept. 28-Oct. 4, 2011, issue