- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Oct. 2 Walk to Remember honors children lost in early childhood
Online Staff Report
Walk to Remember, a memorial event in honor of children lost through stillbirth, early infant death, early childhood death, miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, will be Sunday, Oct. 2.
The walk and ceremony begins at 1 p.m. at the YMCA Log Lodge, then continues with a walk along the Sinnissippi Bike Path to a dedication site just north of the Auburn Street Bridge.
The event will conclude after refreshments (donuts, cider and coffee) back at the Log Lodge around 3:30 p.m.
A candle lighting, along with a dove release, also will be held at the dedication site.
The ceremony will include music, messages and sharing. The event is sponsored by SwedishAmerican Health System and Fitzgerald Funeral Homes and Crematory.
There is no charge to participate, and this is not a fund-raiser. Parents who have suffered losses, families, friends, and their health professionals and caregivers are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Kim Hartwig at SwedishAmerican at (815) 489-4420, or Melinda Hagerman at Fitzgerald Funeral Home and Crematory at (815) 226-2273.