- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Oct. 2 Walk to Remember honors children lost in early childhood
Online Staff Report
Walk to Remember, a memorial event in honor of children lost through stillbirth, early infant death, early childhood death, miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, will be Sunday, Oct. 2.
The walk and ceremony begins at 1 p.m. at the YMCA Log Lodge, then continues with a walk along the Sinnissippi Bike Path to a dedication site just north of the Auburn Street Bridge.
The event will conclude after refreshments (donuts, cider and coffee) back at the Log Lodge around 3:30 p.m.
A candle lighting, along with a dove release, also will be held at the dedication site.
The ceremony will include music, messages and sharing. The event is sponsored by SwedishAmerican Health System and Fitzgerald Funeral Homes and Crematory.
There is no charge to participate, and this is not a fund-raiser. Parents who have suffered losses, families, friends, and their health professionals and caregivers are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Kim Hartwig at SwedishAmerican at (815) 489-4420, or Melinda Hagerman at Fitzgerald Funeral Home and Crematory at (815) 226-2273.