- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Oct. 2 Walk to Remember honors children lost in early childhood
Online Staff Report
Walk to Remember, a memorial event in honor of children lost through stillbirth, early infant death, early childhood death, miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, will be Sunday, Oct. 2.
The walk and ceremony begins at 1 p.m. at the YMCA Log Lodge, then continues with a walk along the Sinnissippi Bike Path to a dedication site just north of the Auburn Street Bridge.
The event will conclude after refreshments (donuts, cider and coffee) back at the Log Lodge around 3:30 p.m.
A candle lighting, along with a dove release, also will be held at the dedication site.
The ceremony will include music, messages and sharing. The event is sponsored by SwedishAmerican Health System and Fitzgerald Funeral Homes and Crematory.
There is no charge to participate, and this is not a fund-raiser. Parents who have suffered losses, families, friends, and their health professionals and caregivers are welcome to attend.
For more information, contact Kim Hartwig at SwedishAmerican at (815) 489-4420, or Melinda Hagerman at Fitzgerald Funeral Home and Crematory at (815) 226-2273.