- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Blood drive Oct. 7 at Brynwood Hilander
Online Staff Report
Join Hilander at Byrnwood for a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7. Twenty percaent of all blood is used to treat cancer patients. Many cancers can be treated or cured through a marrow cell transplant. Help save lives in our community.
All those who register to donate will receive the following: 2-scoop sundae from Baskin Robbins and a Breast Cancer magnet, compliments of Inspiration Hair Salon. Donors will be registered for the following raffles: $20 gift certificate from Angelo’s Restaurant; pedicure at Nails For You; one-month membership for Fit Me Wellness; 10 percent off shipping and one month Post Office box rental fee (toward a one-year rental) from Pack “N Ship; $5 off services at Davig’s Cleaners.
Please call Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751 to make an appointment or sign up at the Hilander Customer Service desk. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can donate blood and join the marrow donor registry at this drive.