- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Blood drive Oct. 7 at Brynwood Hilander
Online Staff Report
Join Hilander at Byrnwood for a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7. Twenty percaent of all blood is used to treat cancer patients. Many cancers can be treated or cured through a marrow cell transplant. Help save lives in our community.
All those who register to donate will receive the following: 2-scoop sundae from Baskin Robbins and a Breast Cancer magnet, compliments of Inspiration Hair Salon. Donors will be registered for the following raffles: $20 gift certificate from Angelo’s Restaurant; pedicure at Nails For You; one-month membership for Fit Me Wellness; 10 percent off shipping and one month Post Office box rental fee (toward a one-year rental) from Pack “N Ship; $5 off services at Davig’s Cleaners.
Please call Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751 to make an appointment or sign up at the Hilander Customer Service desk. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can donate blood and join the marrow donor registry at this drive.