- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Blood drive Oct. 7 at Brynwood Hilander
Online Staff Report
Join Hilander at Byrnwood for a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 7. Twenty percaent of all blood is used to treat cancer patients. Many cancers can be treated or cured through a marrow cell transplant. Help save lives in our community.
All those who register to donate will receive the following: 2-scoop sundae from Baskin Robbins and a Breast Cancer magnet, compliments of Inspiration Hair Salon. Donors will be registered for the following raffles: $20 gift certificate from Angelo’s Restaurant; pedicure at Nails For You; one-month membership for Fit Me Wellness; 10 percent off shipping and one month Post Office box rental fee (toward a one-year rental) from Pack “N Ship; $5 off services at Davig’s Cleaners.
Please call Rock River Valley Blood Center at (815) 965-8751 to make an appointment or sign up at the Hilander Customer Service desk. Walk-ins are also welcome. You can donate blood and join the marrow donor registry at this drive.