- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Cremation Society, Hospice Care honor veterans
Cremation Society of Illinois, provider of Veterans Funeral Care, and Hospice Care of America are hosting a luncheon to “Honor Those Who Served Our Country” on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, at Cremation Society of Illinois, 6825 Weaver Road. The event will start at 11 a.m. with special guest speaker Corporal Bryan Loonsfoot, USMC. Loonsfoot served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Entertainment will be provided by the barbershop quartet Cadence and Officer Lisa Hodges, Rockford Park District Police Department. Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend. Seating is limited. Reservations can be made by calling (815) 282-6202 by Oct. 25.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue