- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Cremation Society, Hospice Care honor veterans
Cremation Society of Illinois, provider of Veterans Funeral Care, and Hospice Care of America are hosting a luncheon to “Honor Those Who Served Our Country” on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, at Cremation Society of Illinois, 6825 Weaver Road. The event will start at 11 a.m. with special guest speaker Corporal Bryan Loonsfoot, USMC. Loonsfoot served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Entertainment will be provided by the barbershop quartet Cadence and Officer Lisa Hodges, Rockford Park District Police Department. Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend. Seating is limited. Reservations can be made by calling (815) 282-6202 by Oct. 25.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue