- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Cremation Society, Hospice Care honor veterans
Cremation Society of Illinois, provider of Veterans Funeral Care, and Hospice Care of America are hosting a luncheon to “Honor Those Who Served Our Country” on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, at Cremation Society of Illinois, 6825 Weaver Road. The event will start at 11 a.m. with special guest speaker Corporal Bryan Loonsfoot, USMC. Loonsfoot served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Entertainment will be provided by the barbershop quartet Cadence and Officer Lisa Hodges, Rockford Park District Police Department. Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend. Seating is limited. Reservations can be made by calling (815) 282-6202 by Oct. 25.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue