- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Cremation Society, Hospice Care honor veterans
Cremation Society of Illinois, provider of Veterans Funeral Care, and Hospice Care of America are hosting a luncheon to “Honor Those Who Served Our Country” on Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, at Cremation Society of Illinois, 6825 Weaver Road. The event will start at 11 a.m. with special guest speaker Corporal Bryan Loonsfoot, USMC. Loonsfoot served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Entertainment will be provided by the barbershop quartet Cadence and Officer Lisa Hodges, Rockford Park District Police Department. Veterans and their spouses are invited to attend. Seating is limited. Reservations can be made by calling (815) 282-6202 by Oct. 25.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue