- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Dance Company selects dancers
• Young Choreographers’ Concert Oct. 8
Rockford Dance Company has announced their roster of dancers for the 2011-2012 season.
RDC, the resident Coronado Performing Arts Center dance company, held auditions in late August for position placement. This year, the judges were Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet and Laura Wade, Ballet Mistress of the Gus Giordano Jazz Company.
Placement assignments are as follow:
Full Company Members: Anna Rose Gibbons, Gail Honeywell, Sara Maxey and Anna Moczynski.
Associate Members: Jessica Jaye Mackinson and Rachel Seger.
Apprentice Members: Jemma Goddard, Gabrielle Myers, Allison Tennant and Lily Wellen.
Trainee Members: Nicole Shimmins and Madeline Wellen.
RDC applauds the talent exemplified by these dedicated young artists from our Rockford community.
The public is invited to attend the Young Choreographers’ Concert at 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, at The Sullivan Theater, 118 N. Main St. This performance will showcase the choreographic creativity of the dancers. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door or by calling (815) 963-3341.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue