- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Dance Company selects dancers
• Young Choreographers’ Concert Oct. 8
Rockford Dance Company has announced their roster of dancers for the 2011-2012 season.
RDC, the resident Coronado Performing Arts Center dance company, held auditions in late August for position placement. This year, the judges were Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet and Laura Wade, Ballet Mistress of the Gus Giordano Jazz Company.
Placement assignments are as follow:
Full Company Members: Anna Rose Gibbons, Gail Honeywell, Sara Maxey and Anna Moczynski.
Associate Members: Jessica Jaye Mackinson and Rachel Seger.
Apprentice Members: Jemma Goddard, Gabrielle Myers, Allison Tennant and Lily Wellen.
Trainee Members: Nicole Shimmins and Madeline Wellen.
RDC applauds the talent exemplified by these dedicated young artists from our Rockford community.
The public is invited to attend the Young Choreographers’ Concert at 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, at The Sullivan Theater, 118 N. Main St. This performance will showcase the choreographic creativity of the dancers. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door or by calling (815) 963-3341.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue