- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Dance Company selects dancers
• Young Choreographers’ Concert Oct. 8
Rockford Dance Company has announced their roster of dancers for the 2011-2012 season.
RDC, the resident Coronado Performing Arts Center dance company, held auditions in late August for position placement. This year, the judges were Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet and Laura Wade, Ballet Mistress of the Gus Giordano Jazz Company.
Placement assignments are as follow:
Full Company Members: Anna Rose Gibbons, Gail Honeywell, Sara Maxey and Anna Moczynski.
Associate Members: Jessica Jaye Mackinson and Rachel Seger.
Apprentice Members: Jemma Goddard, Gabrielle Myers, Allison Tennant and Lily Wellen.
Trainee Members: Nicole Shimmins and Madeline Wellen.
RDC applauds the talent exemplified by these dedicated young artists from our Rockford community.
The public is invited to attend the Young Choreographers’ Concert at 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, at The Sullivan Theater, 118 N. Main St. This performance will showcase the choreographic creativity of the dancers. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door or by calling (815) 963-3341.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue