- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Dance Company selects dancers
• Young Choreographers’ Concert Oct. 8
Rockford Dance Company has announced their roster of dancers for the 2011-2012 season.
RDC, the resident Coronado Performing Arts Center dance company, held auditions in late August for position placement. This year, the judges were Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet and Laura Wade, Ballet Mistress of the Gus Giordano Jazz Company.
Placement assignments are as follow:
Full Company Members: Anna Rose Gibbons, Gail Honeywell, Sara Maxey and Anna Moczynski.
Associate Members: Jessica Jaye Mackinson and Rachel Seger.
Apprentice Members: Jemma Goddard, Gabrielle Myers, Allison Tennant and Lily Wellen.
Trainee Members: Nicole Shimmins and Madeline Wellen.
RDC applauds the talent exemplified by these dedicated young artists from our Rockford community.
The public is invited to attend the Young Choreographers’ Concert at 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, at The Sullivan Theater, 118 N. Main St. This performance will showcase the choreographic creativity of the dancers. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door or by calling (815) 963-3341.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue