- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Enjoy the majesty of fall! Join the Arbor Day Foundation in October
The Arbor Day Foundation will brighten up your fall by giving you 10 free autumn classics trees when you join the organization in October.
The free trees are part of the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation’s Trees for America campaign, a program dedicated to environmental stewardship through the planting of trees.
Everyone who joins the Arbor Day Foundation in October will receive 10 free autumn classics: Two sugar maples, two red maples, a scarlet oak, a sweetgum, Northern red oak, silver maple, white flowering dogwood, and Washington hawthorn.
“You’ll especially enjoy these trees for years to come during the autumn months because they’ll add abundant, vibrant color to any yard or landscape,” said John Rosenow, chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation.
The trees will be shipped postpaid at the right time for planting, between Nov. 1 and Dec. 10. The 6- to 12-inch trees are guaranteed to grow, or they will be replaced free of charge. Planting instructions will be enclosed with each shipment of trees.
New members of the Arbor Day Foundation also receive The Tree Book, which includes information about tree planting and care.
To receive 10 free autumn classics, send a $10 membership contribution to Autumn Classics Trees, Arbor Day Foundation, 100 Arbor Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410, by Oct. 31, or join online at arborday.org/October.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue