- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Enjoy the majesty of fall! Join the Arbor Day Foundation in October
The Arbor Day Foundation will brighten up your fall by giving you 10 free autumn classics trees when you join the organization in October.
The free trees are part of the nonprofit Arbor Day Foundation’s Trees for America campaign, a program dedicated to environmental stewardship through the planting of trees.
Everyone who joins the Arbor Day Foundation in October will receive 10 free autumn classics: Two sugar maples, two red maples, a scarlet oak, a sweetgum, Northern red oak, silver maple, white flowering dogwood, and Washington hawthorn.
“You’ll especially enjoy these trees for years to come during the autumn months because they’ll add abundant, vibrant color to any yard or landscape,” said John Rosenow, chief executive of the Arbor Day Foundation.
The trees will be shipped postpaid at the right time for planting, between Nov. 1 and Dec. 10. The 6- to 12-inch trees are guaranteed to grow, or they will be replaced free of charge. Planting instructions will be enclosed with each shipment of trees.
New members of the Arbor Day Foundation also receive The Tree Book, which includes information about tree planting and care.
To receive 10 free autumn classics, send a $10 membership contribution to Autumn Classics Trees, Arbor Day Foundation, 100 Arbor Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410, by Oct. 31, or join online at arborday.org/October.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue