- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Rock and Bowl Car Show set for Oct. 8
The 11th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show on the Miracle Mile will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8. Location is the parking lot west of Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
More than 100 hot rod and classic cars are expected to attend and compete for trophies. This is the last car show of the season, and Miracle Mile is proud to sponsor such a family event in the neighborhood. The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds of car entries benefit Youth of Northern Illinois Bowling Foundation and Boy Scout Troop 425.
Some highlights of the day include: more than 100 hot rod and classic cars on display; food and beverages provided by Shooter’s Bar and Grill; outdoor bowling provided by Don Carter Lanes. Several raffles will be available, including: Fix Your Car raffle, sponsored by Automotive Service Association and benefitting Vietnam Veterans of America 984. You can get your old, beat-up car a complete makeover!
Classic car participants will be eligible for door prizes, and cash giveaways will be held every half-hour.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue