- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Rock and Bowl Car Show set for Oct. 8
The 11th Annual Rock and Bowl Car Show on the Miracle Mile will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8. Location is the parking lot west of Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford.
More than 100 hot rod and classic cars are expected to attend and compete for trophies. This is the last car show of the season, and Miracle Mile is proud to sponsor such a family event in the neighborhood. The event is free and open to the public. Proceeds of car entries benefit Youth of Northern Illinois Bowling Foundation and Boy Scout Troop 425.
Some highlights of the day include: more than 100 hot rod and classic cars on display; food and beverages provided by Shooter’s Bar and Grill; outdoor bowling provided by Don Carter Lanes. Several raffles will be available, including: Fix Your Car raffle, sponsored by Automotive Service Association and benefitting Vietnam Veterans of America 984. You can get your old, beat-up car a complete makeover!
Classic car participants will be eligible for door prizes, and cash giveaways will be held every half-hour.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue