- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Senior EXPO was a great success!
Lifescape Community Services just concluded its 19th Annual Senior EXPO at the Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center. It was a great success! From the information provided by the exhibitors, both commercial and nonprofit, to the entertainment and health screening services provided by the Winnebago County Health Department, OSF St. Anthony Medical Center and Pacific Pulmonary, there was something for everyone!
Our thanks to OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System’s Visiting Nurses Association, NorthPointe Terrace, Assisted Living, Marden Auto & Tire, Williams Manny Horizon Group and Miracle Ear for their sponsorship of our event.
Our exhibitors always seem to enjoy and benefit from the event, and we thank them for their participation.
Such an event would be hard to create without the help of Lifescape’s many volunteers who selflessly contribute their time and efforts to secure success for Senior EXPO. Our volunteers drive the golf cart shuttles, help with door prize drawings and the 50/50 raffle, welcome our guests through the doors and help answer questions. They are always eager to help, and we appreciate their help. We truly could not have a successful Senior EXPO without these dedicated individuals.
We also appreciate the approximately 4,500 older adults and their families for whom this event is aimed. They are the reason the EXPO is held every year. With the help of our exhibitors, we can better inform many seniors in the region on issues, such as health, finance, travel or anything that interests them!
We’re looking forward to Senior EXPO 2012. We hope to see you there!
Lifescape Community Services
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue