- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Tibetan monks at Womanspace in Rockford Oct. 8
Womanspace will host a national tour of Tibetan monks from Drepung Gomang Monastery in southern India.
The visiting monks will perform sacred chants and demonstrate sand mandala techniques for the public from noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, in the Anjali Pavilion on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
Admission to this all-ages special event is $25, $20 for Womanspace members, $10 for students, and free for children age 13 and younger. Walk-ins are welcome.
Tibetan shawls, prayer beads, bags, T-shirts and more will be sold to raise funds for the monastery.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue