- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Tibetan monks at Womanspace in Rockford Oct. 8
Womanspace will host a national tour of Tibetan monks from Drepung Gomang Monastery in southern India.
The visiting monks will perform sacred chants and demonstrate sand mandala techniques for the public from noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, in the Anjali Pavilion on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
Admission to this all-ages special event is $25, $20 for Womanspace members, $10 for students, and free for children age 13 and younger. Walk-ins are welcome.
Tibetan shawls, prayer beads, bags, T-shirts and more will be sold to raise funds for the monastery.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue