- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Tibetan monks at Womanspace in Rockford Oct. 8
Womanspace will host a national tour of Tibetan monks from Drepung Gomang Monastery in southern India.
The visiting monks will perform sacred chants and demonstrate sand mandala techniques for the public from noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, in the Anjali Pavilion on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
Admission to this all-ages special event is $25, $20 for Womanspace members, $10 for students, and free for children age 13 and younger. Walk-ins are welcome.
Tibetan shawls, prayer beads, bags, T-shirts and more will be sold to raise funds for the monastery.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue