- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
Tibetan monks at Womanspace in Rockford Oct. 8
Womanspace will host a national tour of Tibetan monks from Drepung Gomang Monastery in southern India.
The visiting monks will perform sacred chants and demonstrate sand mandala techniques for the public from noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, in the Anjali Pavilion on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
Admission to this all-ages special event is $25, $20 for Womanspace members, $10 for students, and free for children age 13 and younger. Walk-ins are welcome.
Tibetan shawls, prayer beads, bags, T-shirts and more will be sold to raise funds for the monastery.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue