- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Tibetan monks at Womanspace in Rockford Oct. 8
Womanspace will host a national tour of Tibetan monks from Drepung Gomang Monastery in southern India.
The visiting monks will perform sacred chants and demonstrate sand mandala techniques for the public from noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 8, in the Anjali Pavilion on the Womanspace campus, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford.
Admission to this all-ages special event is $25, $20 for Womanspace members, $10 for students, and free for children age 13 and younger. Walk-ins are welcome.
Tibetan shawls, prayer beads, bags, T-shirts and more will be sold to raise funds for the monastery.
From the Oct. 5-11, 2011, issue