- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
SwedishAmerican to hold tree dedication ceremony Oct. 11 in honor of organ donation
Online Staff Report
Tuesday, Oct. 11, SwedishAmerican Hospital will hold a tree dedication ceremony related to organ donation. The ceremony honors patients and families that have so generously donated the gift of life.
With more than 110,000 people across the nation waiting for a lifesaving transplant, SwedishAmerican Hospital would like to say a special thank-you to those who so unselfishly chose donation.
The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in the SwedishAmerican Hospital Healing Garden (enter via the Charles Street/Heart Hospital entrance).
Please join the celebration of the gift of life with patient families, recovery agencies and SwedishAmerican staff. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Lynn Williams at (815) 315-6242.