- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
SwedishAmerican to hold tree dedication ceremony Oct. 11 in honor of organ donation
Online Staff Report
Tuesday, Oct. 11, SwedishAmerican Hospital will hold a tree dedication ceremony related to organ donation. The ceremony honors patients and families that have so generously donated the gift of life.
With more than 110,000 people across the nation waiting for a lifesaving transplant, SwedishAmerican Hospital would like to say a special thank-you to those who so unselfishly chose donation.
The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in the SwedishAmerican Hospital Healing Garden (enter via the Charles Street/Heart Hospital entrance).
Please join the celebration of the gift of life with patient families, recovery agencies and SwedishAmerican staff. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Lynn Williams at (815) 315-6242.