- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
SwedishAmerican to hold tree dedication ceremony Oct. 11 in honor of organ donation
Online Staff Report
Tuesday, Oct. 11, SwedishAmerican Hospital will hold a tree dedication ceremony related to organ donation. The ceremony honors patients and families that have so generously donated the gift of life.
With more than 110,000 people across the nation waiting for a lifesaving transplant, SwedishAmerican Hospital would like to say a special thank-you to those who so unselfishly chose donation.
The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in the SwedishAmerican Hospital Healing Garden (enter via the Charles Street/Heart Hospital entrance).
Please join the celebration of the gift of life with patient families, recovery agencies and SwedishAmerican staff. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Lynn Williams at (815) 315-6242.