- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Amazing Grace Lutheran Church hosts pumpkin giveaway, food drive Oct. 15
Online Staff Report
SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. — Amazing Grace Lutheran Church will host its annual Pumpkin Patch Food Drive benefiting the Rockton Food Pantry from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Visitors bringing two or more non-perishable food items can select a free pumpkin from those already picked, or from the church’s pumpkin patch.
New this year, children can paint their pumpkin on site. Local artist Dan Wuthrich will be on hand to assist children. The church will also provide refreshments.
The event will take place on the church’s property, on the southwest corner of Prairie Hill and Willowbrook roads in South Beloit. It is located south of the Prairie Hill Elementary School, north of Love’s gas station. This is the future site of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church.
Sunday services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the gymnasium of Prairie Hill Elementary School in South Beloit.
For more details, call (815) 624-8840 or visit www.AmazingGraceLC.com.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue