- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Amazing Grace Lutheran Church hosts pumpkin giveaway, food drive Oct. 15
Online Staff Report
SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. — Amazing Grace Lutheran Church will host its annual Pumpkin Patch Food Drive benefiting the Rockton Food Pantry from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Visitors bringing two or more non-perishable food items can select a free pumpkin from those already picked, or from the church’s pumpkin patch.
New this year, children can paint their pumpkin on site. Local artist Dan Wuthrich will be on hand to assist children. The church will also provide refreshments.
The event will take place on the church’s property, on the southwest corner of Prairie Hill and Willowbrook roads in South Beloit. It is located south of the Prairie Hill Elementary School, north of Love’s gas station. This is the future site of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church.
Sunday services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the gymnasium of Prairie Hill Elementary School in South Beloit.
For more details, call (815) 624-8840 or visit www.AmazingGraceLC.com.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue