- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Amazing Grace Lutheran Church hosts pumpkin giveaway, food drive Oct. 15
Online Staff Report
SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. — Amazing Grace Lutheran Church will host its annual Pumpkin Patch Food Drive benefiting the Rockton Food Pantry from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Visitors bringing two or more non-perishable food items can select a free pumpkin from those already picked, or from the church’s pumpkin patch.
New this year, children can paint their pumpkin on site. Local artist Dan Wuthrich will be on hand to assist children. The church will also provide refreshments.
The event will take place on the church’s property, on the southwest corner of Prairie Hill and Willowbrook roads in South Beloit. It is located south of the Prairie Hill Elementary School, north of Love’s gas station. This is the future site of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church.
Sunday services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the gymnasium of Prairie Hill Elementary School in South Beloit.
For more details, call (815) 624-8840 or visit www.AmazingGraceLC.com.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue