- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Amazing Grace Lutheran Church hosts pumpkin giveaway, food drive Oct. 15
Online Staff Report
SOUTH BELOIT, Ill. — Amazing Grace Lutheran Church will host its annual Pumpkin Patch Food Drive benefiting the Rockton Food Pantry from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Visitors bringing two or more non-perishable food items can select a free pumpkin from those already picked, or from the church’s pumpkin patch.
New this year, children can paint their pumpkin on site. Local artist Dan Wuthrich will be on hand to assist children. The church will also provide refreshments.
The event will take place on the church’s property, on the southwest corner of Prairie Hill and Willowbrook roads in South Beloit. It is located south of the Prairie Hill Elementary School, north of Love’s gas station. This is the future site of Amazing Grace Lutheran Church.
Sunday services are held at 9:30 a.m. in the gymnasium of Prairie Hill Elementary School in South Beloit.
For more details, call (815) 624-8840 or visit www.AmazingGraceLC.com.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue