- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Artists Phyllis Peterson, Mary Shaw at JustGoods Oct. 14-15
Online Staff Report
JustGoods Fair Trade Market, 201 Seventh St., in downtown Rockford, will host a premiere showing of two Rockford artists, Phyllis Peterson and Mary Shaw.
Phyllis will display her collection of African greeting cards, “born out of the love I feel for this precious continent I traveled to in 2006 and 2007,” Peterson said.
Also for sale will be hand-painted floral cards by Mary Shaw that “just pull you into their beauty.” Shaw has designed many all-occasion cards, including pop-up Christmas Tree Cards for the upcoming season.
The showing will run 5-8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 14, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Peterson and Shaw’s collections will be on display in the Gallery Room. The event is free and open to the public.