- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Artists Phyllis Peterson, Mary Shaw at JustGoods Oct. 14-15
Online Staff Report
JustGoods Fair Trade Market, 201 Seventh St., in downtown Rockford, will host a premiere showing of two Rockford artists, Phyllis Peterson and Mary Shaw.
Phyllis will display her collection of African greeting cards, “born out of the love I feel for this precious continent I traveled to in 2006 and 2007,” Peterson said.
Also for sale will be hand-painted floral cards by Mary Shaw that “just pull you into their beauty.” Shaw has designed many all-occasion cards, including pop-up Christmas Tree Cards for the upcoming season.
The showing will run 5-8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 14, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Peterson and Shaw’s collections will be on display in the Gallery Room. The event is free and open to the public.