- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Artists Phyllis Peterson, Mary Shaw at JustGoods Oct. 14-15
Online Staff Report
JustGoods Fair Trade Market, 201 Seventh St., in downtown Rockford, will host a premiere showing of two Rockford artists, Phyllis Peterson and Mary Shaw.
Phyllis will display her collection of African greeting cards, “born out of the love I feel for this precious continent I traveled to in 2006 and 2007,” Peterson said.
Also for sale will be hand-painted floral cards by Mary Shaw that “just pull you into their beauty.” Shaw has designed many all-occasion cards, including pop-up Christmas Tree Cards for the upcoming season.
The showing will run 5-8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 14, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Peterson and Shaw’s collections will be on display in the Gallery Room. The event is free and open to the public.