- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Artists Phyllis Peterson, Mary Shaw at JustGoods Oct. 14-15
Online Staff Report
JustGoods Fair Trade Market, 201 Seventh St., in downtown Rockford, will host a premiere showing of two Rockford artists, Phyllis Peterson and Mary Shaw.
Phyllis will display her collection of African greeting cards, “born out of the love I feel for this precious continent I traveled to in 2006 and 2007,” Peterson said.
Also for sale will be hand-painted floral cards by Mary Shaw that “just pull you into their beauty.” Shaw has designed many all-occasion cards, including pop-up Christmas Tree Cards for the upcoming season.
The showing will run 5-8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 14, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15.
Peterson and Shaw’s collections will be on display in the Gallery Room. The event is free and open to the public.