- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Groove Walk set for Oct. 15
Groove Walk is set for 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 15. The event features live music at 10 downtown establishments, all for one admission charge of $7 in advance, $10 at the door.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia Lounge, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront, Inc., and Rue Marche. Advance tickets are also available at http://onthewaterfront.com/groovewalk.htm.
Groove Walk, coordinated by On the Waterfront, Inc., supports the future of Rockford’s music scene as a portion of the proceeds benefits the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, a music scholarship fund for high school seniors.
The following performers will be featured at the following establishments: Brother K — Abreo, 515 E. State St.; Too Deep — Bar 3, 326 E. State St.; Steve Ditzell & The Saloonatics — CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.; Higher Ground — Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.; Frank Calvagna — Irish Rose Saloon, 519 E. State St.; Hope Despite — Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.; Heavyflow — Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.; Second Wind — Rue Marche, 620 Market St.; Barstool Bob — Octane, 124 N. Main St; and The Crave — The Office, 513 E. State St.
Walk from establishment to establishment or hop on the Rockford Mass Transit District Trolley for a free ride as it runs along the Groove Walk route.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue