- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Klaas Financial raises funds for wounded soldiers
As a result of this past summer’s Klaas Financial, Inc., Car and Bike Show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Klaas Financial adviser Mike Todryk was contacted by the chapter chairman of The Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club, Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Jake Jacobson.
Jacobson said, “The chapter wanted to support the Wounded Warriors, so we decided a check for $1,000 was the least we could do in return for the sacrifices of our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors, who have sacrificed so much.”
Todryk indicated the Klaas Car and Bike Show has helped raise more than $1,900 made payable and sent directly to the WWP. The event has also drawn a new awareness to what WWP provides for servicemen and women.
WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of wounded military members and their families. All contributions are tax deductible. For more about WWP, visit www.woundedwarrior.org or contact Todryk at Klaas Financial, Inc., at (815) 877-8440.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue