- Dems pass ‘no strike, no lockout’ measure
- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
Klaas Financial raises funds for wounded soldiers
As a result of this past summer’s Klaas Financial, Inc., Car and Bike Show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Klaas Financial adviser Mike Todryk was contacted by the chapter chairman of The Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club, Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Jake Jacobson.
Jacobson said, “The chapter wanted to support the Wounded Warriors, so we decided a check for $1,000 was the least we could do in return for the sacrifices of our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors, who have sacrificed so much.”
Todryk indicated the Klaas Car and Bike Show has helped raise more than $1,900 made payable and sent directly to the WWP. The event has also drawn a new awareness to what WWP provides for servicemen and women.
WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of wounded military members and their families. All contributions are tax deductible. For more about WWP, visit www.woundedwarrior.org or contact Todryk at Klaas Financial, Inc., at (815) 877-8440.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue