- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Klaas Financial raises funds for wounded soldiers
As a result of this past summer’s Klaas Financial, Inc., Car and Bike Show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Klaas Financial adviser Mike Todryk was contacted by the chapter chairman of The Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club, Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Jake Jacobson.
Jacobson said, “The chapter wanted to support the Wounded Warriors, so we decided a check for $1,000 was the least we could do in return for the sacrifices of our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors, who have sacrificed so much.”
Todryk indicated the Klaas Car and Bike Show has helped raise more than $1,900 made payable and sent directly to the WWP. The event has also drawn a new awareness to what WWP provides for servicemen and women.
WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of wounded military members and their families. All contributions are tax deductible. For more about WWP, visit www.woundedwarrior.org or contact Todryk at Klaas Financial, Inc., at (815) 877-8440.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue