- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
Klaas Financial raises funds for wounded soldiers
As a result of this past summer’s Klaas Financial, Inc., Car and Bike Show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Klaas Financial adviser Mike Todryk was contacted by the chapter chairman of The Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club, Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Jake Jacobson.
Jacobson said, “The chapter wanted to support the Wounded Warriors, so we decided a check for $1,000 was the least we could do in return for the sacrifices of our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors, who have sacrificed so much.”
Todryk indicated the Klaas Car and Bike Show has helped raise more than $1,900 made payable and sent directly to the WWP. The event has also drawn a new awareness to what WWP provides for servicemen and women.
WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of wounded military members and their families. All contributions are tax deductible. For more about WWP, visit www.woundedwarrior.org or contact Todryk at Klaas Financial, Inc., at (815) 877-8440.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue