- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Klaas Financial raises funds for wounded soldiers
As a result of this past summer’s Klaas Financial, Inc., Car and Bike Show to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Klaas Financial adviser Mike Todryk was contacted by the chapter chairman of The Vietnam Vets Motorcycle Club, Southern Wisconsin Chapter, Jake Jacobson.
Jacobson said, “The chapter wanted to support the Wounded Warriors, so we decided a check for $1,000 was the least we could do in return for the sacrifices of our soldiers, airmen, Marines and sailors, who have sacrificed so much.”
Todryk indicated the Klaas Car and Bike Show has helped raise more than $1,900 made payable and sent directly to the WWP. The event has also drawn a new awareness to what WWP provides for servicemen and women.
WWP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the health and welfare of wounded military members and their families. All contributions are tax deductible. For more about WWP, visit www.woundedwarrior.org or contact Todryk at Klaas Financial, Inc., at (815) 877-8440.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue