- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
Local woman named among top business women
The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) named Patti Bigger of Rockford as a 2012 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year. The Top Ten is the highest honor awarded to a member in ABWA. These women are applauded for their career accomplishments, community involvement and their contribution to ABWA.
During the awards ceremony at the 62nd Annual National Women’s Leadership Conference held in Irving, Texas, Sept. 22-24, Bigger was also named the 2012 American Business Woman of ABWA.
“Throughout my journey of opportunities and successes, ABWA has been significantly intertwined with my life for developing key leadership skills and educational assets,” said Bigger.
Bigger is the corporate relations manager for Specialty Screw Corporation in Rockford.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue