- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Local woman named among top business women
The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) named Patti Bigger of Rockford as a 2012 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year. The Top Ten is the highest honor awarded to a member in ABWA. These women are applauded for their career accomplishments, community involvement and their contribution to ABWA.
During the awards ceremony at the 62nd Annual National Women’s Leadership Conference held in Irving, Texas, Sept. 22-24, Bigger was also named the 2012 American Business Woman of ABWA.
“Throughout my journey of opportunities and successes, ABWA has been significantly intertwined with my life for developing key leadership skills and educational assets,” said Bigger.
Bigger is the corporate relations manager for Specialty Screw Corporation in Rockford.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue