- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Local woman named among top business women
The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) named Patti Bigger of Rockford as a 2012 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year. The Top Ten is the highest honor awarded to a member in ABWA. These women are applauded for their career accomplishments, community involvement and their contribution to ABWA.
During the awards ceremony at the 62nd Annual National Women’s Leadership Conference held in Irving, Texas, Sept. 22-24, Bigger was also named the 2012 American Business Woman of ABWA.
“Throughout my journey of opportunities and successes, ABWA has been significantly intertwined with my life for developing key leadership skills and educational assets,” said Bigger.
Bigger is the corporate relations manager for Specialty Screw Corporation in Rockford.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue