- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Local woman named among top business women
The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) named Patti Bigger of Rockford as a 2012 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year. The Top Ten is the highest honor awarded to a member in ABWA. These women are applauded for their career accomplishments, community involvement and their contribution to ABWA.
During the awards ceremony at the 62nd Annual National Women’s Leadership Conference held in Irving, Texas, Sept. 22-24, Bigger was also named the 2012 American Business Woman of ABWA.
“Throughout my journey of opportunities and successes, ABWA has been significantly intertwined with my life for developing key leadership skills and educational assets,” said Bigger.
Bigger is the corporate relations manager for Specialty Screw Corporation in Rockford.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue