- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Local woman named among top business women
The American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) named Patti Bigger of Rockford as a 2012 Top Ten Business Woman of the Year. The Top Ten is the highest honor awarded to a member in ABWA. These women are applauded for their career accomplishments, community involvement and their contribution to ABWA.
During the awards ceremony at the 62nd Annual National Women’s Leadership Conference held in Irving, Texas, Sept. 22-24, Bigger was also named the 2012 American Business Woman of ABWA.
“Throughout my journey of opportunities and successes, ABWA has been significantly intertwined with my life for developing key leadership skills and educational assets,” said Bigger.
Bigger is the corporate relations manager for Specialty Screw Corporation in Rockford.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue