- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Pro Football: Environmental group to raffle pair of tickets to Dec. 25 Bears-Packers game
Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (H.O.M.E.S.) is offering an opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the Bears vs. Packers game Dec. 25 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis.
Raffle tickets are $20 each. Those interested in purchasing raffle tickets should send a check made out to H.O.M.E.S. for $20 per chance to H.O.M.E.S., P.O. Box 674, Warren, IL 61087. Include name, address and phone number.
Deadline is Nov. 4, and the raffle drawing will be Nov. 8.
Face value of the two tickets is $138. The seats are on the field, north end zone, section 100, row 59.
H.O.M.E.S. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, pro- agriculture group of farmers and citizens dedicated to protecting family farms, rural communities, human health, and the environment by promoting sustainable agriculture and conserving natural resources.
Call (815) 745-9013 or visit stopthemegadairy.org for more details.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue