- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Pro Football: Environmental group to raffle pair of tickets to Dec. 25 Bears-Packers game
Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (H.O.M.E.S.) is offering an opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the Bears vs. Packers game Dec. 25 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis.
Raffle tickets are $20 each. Those interested in purchasing raffle tickets should send a check made out to H.O.M.E.S. for $20 per chance to H.O.M.E.S., P.O. Box 674, Warren, IL 61087. Include name, address and phone number.
Deadline is Nov. 4, and the raffle drawing will be Nov. 8.
Face value of the two tickets is $138. The seats are on the field, north end zone, section 100, row 59.
H.O.M.E.S. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, pro- agriculture group of farmers and citizens dedicated to protecting family farms, rural communities, human health, and the environment by promoting sustainable agriculture and conserving natural resources.
Call (815) 745-9013 or visit stopthemegadairy.org for more details.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue