- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Pro Football: Environmental group to raffle pair of tickets to Dec. 25 Bears-Packers game
Helping Others Maintain Environmental Standards (H.O.M.E.S.) is offering an opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the Bears vs. Packers game Dec. 25 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis.
Raffle tickets are $20 each. Those interested in purchasing raffle tickets should send a check made out to H.O.M.E.S. for $20 per chance to H.O.M.E.S., P.O. Box 674, Warren, IL 61087. Include name, address and phone number.
Deadline is Nov. 4, and the raffle drawing will be Nov. 8.
Face value of the two tickets is $138. The seats are on the field, north end zone, section 100, row 59.
H.O.M.E.S. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, pro- agriculture group of farmers and citizens dedicated to protecting family farms, rural communities, human health, and the environment by promoting sustainable agriculture and conserving natural resources.
Call (815) 745-9013 or visit stopthemegadairy.org for more details.
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue