- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Religion of peace?
When President Obama entered office, he assured us that Islam is really a religion of peace. Prior to that, we witnessed (to name only a few) Muslim terrorist attacks in Munich in 1972, on the U.S. Embassy in Iran in 1979, and on the Achille Lauro in 1985, in which a 70-year-old American was killed and thrown overboard. Apparently, this is our president’s idea of a peaceful religion.
Since 9/11/01, Islamic terrorists have been pretty nearly thwarted by practices put into place by the Bush administration. Following that attack, Muslims want to build a mosque near the former location of the World Trade Center. Amazingly, there are actually U.S. citizens who think that is all right, in the name of tolerance.
Right now, Youcef Nadarkhani, an Iranian Christian pastor, is being threatened with hanging if he doesn’t recant his Christian belief and subscribe to the Muslim faith. It appears that this is the Muslim version of tolerance.
I will remind you that President Obama is closely tied to the Muslim faith. He has spoken of, and quoted, the Koran many times; is that what you want in the White House?
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue