- Literary Hook: A poem for February
- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
Religion of peace?
When President Obama entered office, he assured us that Islam is really a religion of peace. Prior to that, we witnessed (to name only a few) Muslim terrorist attacks in Munich in 1972, on the U.S. Embassy in Iran in 1979, and on the Achille Lauro in 1985, in which a 70-year-old American was killed and thrown overboard. Apparently, this is our president’s idea of a peaceful religion.
Since 9/11/01, Islamic terrorists have been pretty nearly thwarted by practices put into place by the Bush administration. Following that attack, Muslims want to build a mosque near the former location of the World Trade Center. Amazingly, there are actually U.S. citizens who think that is all right, in the name of tolerance.
Right now, Youcef Nadarkhani, an Iranian Christian pastor, is being threatened with hanging if he doesn’t recant his Christian belief and subscribe to the Muslim faith. It appears that this is the Muslim version of tolerance.
I will remind you that President Obama is closely tied to the Muslim faith. He has spoken of, and quoted, the Koran many times; is that what you want in the White House?
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue