- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Salon sponsors Oct. 16 benefit for local animal sanctuary
Online Staff Report
Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., has partnered with Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to sponsor the Fourth Annual Cuts for Mutts was started to raise money to support the increasing needs of the overgrowing animal population in the community.
The first year of the event raised $1,000, and the second and third year, $1,700 for Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to continue their nonprofit services for Rockford.
For 32 years, the nonprofit, volunteer-run animal sanctuary has taken in stray, abandoned and abused animals from Rockford and the surrounding area. Once at the sanctuary, the animals receive medical care and are placed for adoption in qualified homes.
“We are setting the fourth year goal to $2,500 and are optimistic that we will be successful in exceeding it,” says Michael VanHorn, owner of Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc.
As a proud father of two cats and two dogs that he adopted from a shelter, VanHorn believes very strongly in supporting Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary and their efforts to rescue abandoned animals and find them new, loving homes.
The Cuts for Mutts benefit will be held Sunday, Oct. 16, at Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., 5643 E. State St., Suite 3, Rockford, between the hours of noon and 5 p.m. Patrons who bring specialty items for Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary will receive discounted services from Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc. Haircuts and seated chair massages will be $15, and eyebrow shaping, mini manicures, pet photos and pet nail trimming will be $10.
For more information, contact Michal VanHorn at (815) 708-8557 at Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc.