- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Salon sponsors Oct. 16 benefit for local animal sanctuary
Online Staff Report
Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., has partnered with Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to sponsor the Fourth Annual Cuts for Mutts was started to raise money to support the increasing needs of the overgrowing animal population in the community.
The first year of the event raised $1,000, and the second and third year, $1,700 for Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary to continue their nonprofit services for Rockford.
For 32 years, the nonprofit, volunteer-run animal sanctuary has taken in stray, abandoned and abused animals from Rockford and the surrounding area. Once at the sanctuary, the animals receive medical care and are placed for adoption in qualified homes.
“We are setting the fourth year goal to $2,500 and are optimistic that we will be successful in exceeding it,” says Michael VanHorn, owner of Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc.
As a proud father of two cats and two dogs that he adopted from a shelter, VanHorn believes very strongly in supporting Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary and their efforts to rescue abandoned animals and find them new, loving homes.
The Cuts for Mutts benefit will be held Sunday, Oct. 16, at Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc., 5643 E. State St., Suite 3, Rockford, between the hours of noon and 5 p.m. Patrons who bring specialty items for Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary will receive discounted services from Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc. Haircuts and seated chair massages will be $15, and eyebrow shaping, mini manicures, pet photos and pet nail trimming will be $10.
For more information, contact Michal VanHorn at (815) 708-8557 at Ab Fab Salon & Spa, Inc.