- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Throwing away our money on government spending
A $447 billion jobs bill and $787 billion in stimulus has or will be spent to deal with the high unemployment this country faces; that is $1.234 trillion. And what have we gotten for all that spending? Record food stamp use, a rise in the poverty rate, a credit downgrade, 9.1 percent unemployment rate nationwide, 11.6 percent for the Rockford metro area, 16.2 percent underemployment rate and zero net new jobs created across the country in August.
How much more of our money is going to be thrown away before Keynesian economic-loving Democrats admit their philosophy, their agenda, their policies are complete and total unmitigated disasters? Probably never; therefore, we will just have to give every big government spending-addicted Democrat who is allergic to fiscal responsibility the pink slip.
Ulysses S. Arn
From the Oct. 12-18, 2011, issue