- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Avalon String Quartet performs Beethoven at Mendelssohn Oct. 21
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present the Avalon String Quartet in concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21, in the Mendelssohn auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
The Avalon String Quartet, one of the country’s leading string ensembles, was formerly in residence at Juilliard School and Indiana University, and is now in residence at Northern Illinois University.
The quartet will perform Beethoven’s string quartet cycle over the course of six concerts at the Mendelssohn. The other concert dates are Dec. 2, Jan. 27, March 16, April 13 and June 1. Avalon Series subscriptions are $60 for adults and $30 for students. Adult subscribers to Mendelssohn’s Season Concert Series get 50 percent off their Avalon Series subscription.
Call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue