- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Avalon String Quartet performs Beethoven at Mendelssohn Oct. 21
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present the Avalon String Quartet in concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21, in the Mendelssohn auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
The Avalon String Quartet, one of the country’s leading string ensembles, was formerly in residence at Juilliard School and Indiana University, and is now in residence at Northern Illinois University.
The quartet will perform Beethoven’s string quartet cycle over the course of six concerts at the Mendelssohn. The other concert dates are Dec. 2, Jan. 27, March 16, April 13 and June 1. Avalon Series subscriptions are $60 for adults and $30 for students. Adult subscribers to Mendelssohn’s Season Concert Series get 50 percent off their Avalon Series subscription.
Call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue