- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Avalon String Quartet performs Beethoven at Mendelssohn Oct. 21
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present the Avalon String Quartet in concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21, in the Mendelssohn auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
The Avalon String Quartet, one of the country’s leading string ensembles, was formerly in residence at Juilliard School and Indiana University, and is now in residence at Northern Illinois University.
The quartet will perform Beethoven’s string quartet cycle over the course of six concerts at the Mendelssohn. The other concert dates are Dec. 2, Jan. 27, March 16, April 13 and June 1. Avalon Series subscriptions are $60 for adults and $30 for students. Adult subscribers to Mendelssohn’s Season Concert Series get 50 percent off their Avalon Series subscription.
Call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue