- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Avalon String Quartet performs Beethoven at Mendelssohn Oct. 21
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present the Avalon String Quartet in concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21, in the Mendelssohn auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
The Avalon String Quartet, one of the country’s leading string ensembles, was formerly in residence at Juilliard School and Indiana University, and is now in residence at Northern Illinois University.
The quartet will perform Beethoven’s string quartet cycle over the course of six concerts at the Mendelssohn. The other concert dates are Dec. 2, Jan. 27, March 16, April 13 and June 1. Avalon Series subscriptions are $60 for adults and $30 for students. Adult subscribers to Mendelssohn’s Season Concert Series get 50 percent off their Avalon Series subscription.
Call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue