- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Avalon String Quartet performs Beethoven at Mendelssohn Oct. 21
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present the Avalon String Quartet in concert at 7 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21, in the Mendelssohn auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
The Avalon String Quartet, one of the country’s leading string ensembles, was formerly in residence at Juilliard School and Indiana University, and is now in residence at Northern Illinois University.
The quartet will perform Beethoven’s string quartet cycle over the course of six concerts at the Mendelssohn. The other concert dates are Dec. 2, Jan. 27, March 16, April 13 and June 1. Avalon Series subscriptions are $60 for adults and $30 for students. Adult subscribers to Mendelssohn’s Season Concert Series get 50 percent off their Avalon Series subscription.
Call Mendelssohn at (815) 964-9713 or visit www.mendelssohnpac.org.
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue