- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Government disenfranchises the voters
This is a “Gangsta’ Government.” The Federal Communications Commission is pressing forward for its Nov. 20 implementation of “Net Neutrality,” despite the 74 congressional Democrats’ letter to the FCC Chairman and 37 Republican senators’ letter objecting in May of 2010.
The grandiose congressional “Super Committee” charged with naming budget cuts by Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving), to which the House and Senate may vote Yea or Nay, but not amend, was created — not by the Tea Party — but by a poor bargain of Speaker of the House John Boehner with President Obama and congressional Democrats. Nicely for the latter, it disenfranchises the majority of voters who voted in 2010 that Republicans would oversee the budget process. What were Boehner and Mitch McConnell thinking?
The “Affordable Care Act” (Obamacare), which was going to reduce everyone’s insurance premiums, is raising them instead, and putting insurers out of business (that was the idea!). Many will be shocked when their employers opt to pay a fine per employee, rather than support their health insurance, and employees find themselves in a Medicaid pool of insured.
Join us for a $13.50 tasty breakfast at Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, Saturday, Oct. 22, from 9-11:30, where we will see film footage of the siege of Madison by the unions and comment from State representatives Evan Wynn and Joe Knilans. Reservations, (815) 277-1144.
Coordinator, Northern IL Tea Party
From the Oct. 19-25, 2011, issue